It takes an incredible amount of will to be zen on the eve of returning to school from winter break. An incredible amount. I’m trying really hard to muster enough.
Things that don’t help:
- Kinkos refusing to print pdfs because they are copyrighted (yes, of course, I am using them legally)
- Google docs acting funny
- Reflecting on unfinished tasks from the winter break to-do list
Things that do help:
- Crossing lots of things off a post-it sized to-do list
- Having a chocolate bar mysteriously dropped off in my school bag
- Deciding early on in the day to stop all attempts at productivity before dinner, making a delicious dinner, savoring it, and then just being still the rest of the evening
No, I am not looking forward to the daily grind. Yes, I am looking forward to finding out what my kids have been doing for the past 3 weeks. No, I am not looking forward to endless frustrations. Yes, I am looking forward to gathering and charting class data as we learn about bar graphs.
I don’t have any choice but to let the yeses outweigh the nos. Here we go.